Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sad Week in the News

It's been a rough week to watch the news.  I'm sure most of you have heard of these items, but sometimes I like to use this blog as a journal so I can go back and see what was going on in my life.

  1. Boston Marathon Explosion - Two deadly explosions at the finish line killing three people and injuring 170 (including trauma severe enough that limbs have been amputated).
  2. Ricin letters - A conspiracy theorist sent two letters filled with the toxin ricin to President Obama and the U.S. Senator of Mississippi.
  3. Explosion at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas - 15 people dead, almost 200 injured, town evacuated. And here is one reason why it scares me when people flock towards devastation (fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc).

1 comment:

Alexa said...

Did it upset you at all that the news focused only on Boston and hardly reported on West? That really got under my skin. I even have a few friends that are all of the sudden 'super runners' after all this and now all they post about is running. I mean really? Ugh, this is what I was saying about checking out of facebook every one in a whle.

Powered By Blogger