Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Time Passes

When I think back to my childhood, I felt like it took forever.  I felt like I was a child for so long I couldn't stand it.  I longed for the day when I could run my own life.  Now that I have it, I enjoy and would never want to go back to my childhood.  Not that my childhood was bad, by any means.  I have many fond memories of my family and friends.  I just hated the rules.  When I was younger:  Having to be in bed by 8.  Having to be home by a dark.  Not allowed to have a Nintendo.  Not being able to go from one friend's house to another without asking my parents first.  Not being allowed to wear makeup.  When I reached high school:  Not being allowed to go on dates.  Having to be home by 10, and later midnight.  All are typical childhood limitations.  

I see so much of myself in Aiden.  Stubbornly independent.  I know he cannot stand the limitations and rules we have about watching TV, playing LeapPad, getting dressed and going to bed.  I just hope he can see the fun in things and not focus on all the limitations.  Childhood takes a long time when you're in the midst of it.  

The older I get, the faster time seems to travel.  College was fun, but it was over before I realized what I was living.  Travis and I spent a couple more pre-parental years running amok, but that was soon over as well.  Next came the marriage, house and kids.  Aiden is already 3 years old and our second child is Army crawling all over the house with her mouthful of 5 teeth.  

TIME FLIES.  It really does.  This video puts it into artistic perspective:



 

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

It does go by so quickly. I think as a child/teen we all wait for the day that we can make our own choices. I would never want to go back to my childhood either, but there are times that I think "ughh...I shouldn't have whined so much. Seriously, a roof over my head, food in my belly, not having to worry about paying the bills or the mortgage or if I am totally screwing up my kids lives."
Maybe since you know what Aiden is going through and can identify the issues you can work together to make it easier. I dunno...Landry is my independent child. Logan is so much like me, that it seems I understand him more. Landry is my wild child - I have such a fear that she will turn out like my older sister that I feel like I try overly hard to make sure she wont be a raging pycho! LOL

Powered By Blogger