Thursday, June 7, 2012

Busy

I have my hands full! My dad stayed with us for two weeks to help out with Aiden. He left Monday and Aiden went back to daycare Monday. It was rough keeping him home for that long but it helped by saving us some money.

We're starting to figure out Mila and what makes her happy. She's so different from Aiden. With Aiden, we could swaddle him, give him a pacifier and lay him down for a nap. It is almost impossible to get Mila to sleep without being held, in a swing or in a vibrating chair. She rarely accepts the pacifier and she despises swaddling.

Her favorite thing is the vibrating chair. Calms her EVERY TIME. I wish it was smaller so I could take it with me everywhere. Instead, I take the Moby wrap. That calms her just as much. It's a little rough to use in the summer months though. I am so hot all the time right now. Strap a baby to my chest and I'm a sweaty mess.

Travis was able to take 10 days off to stay home with me. It worked out perfectly that he had from one weekend to the next off. His last weekend home was Memorial Day so he had a 4-day week when he first went back at work.

While my dad was here, he took care of all the gardening I had let fall behind at the end my pregnancy. My plants are so happy! He and Travis built a pergola over the grill and a trellis for my Bougainville. Travis also took the time to put some lights in the wall. There are still more to do, but at least the area looks more finished.

That's all I have time for at the moment. I'll try to post more from my phone. Otherwise it'll never get done!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger