Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Scorcher

It is insanely hot this week. Triple digits all the way. As of right now Saturday (the day of Aiden's birthday party) is sandwiched between two days forecasted with thunderstorms. So either it's going to be hotter than hell or raining.

My birthday is in July as well. Growing up in Illinois it was always great to have a summer birthday. I had lots of water parties where my friends and I ran around in swimming suits and ate Popsicles. Good times. When I had Aiden I pictured that for his future. I suppose he still will have that but it will be in Texas heat as opposed to comfy Illinois warmth.

Needless to say I'm not particularly looking forward to being outside this weekend. Therefore I planned some activities inside for the kids as well.

I have all the party gear, birthday gifts and food for the party. Now I get to spend the next few days putting together party favors, baking cookies and last minute cleaning. I'm having someone else make the cake this year so I don't have to worry about that.

I hope it all works out!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger