Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend of Gadgets

Wow. I had (and am having) a good weekend! I should technically have today off from work to celebrate Martin Luther King day, but I have to go in for a couple hours to take care of something. The great thing is that while I'm waiting for my stuff to heat up I get to surf the internet! Now back to my weekend... For Christmas my mom gave me an iPod Nano and it is an awesome little piece of equipment. It's this gorgeous sea foam green color. The iPod requires the computer to charge and to download music or videos. Unfortunately we do not have a computer at home. So I am just now getting it up and running. We charged it last week at our friends' house. Even though there were no songs downloaded, I was still able to look through it (and play a few games) and I cannot get over the quality of the screen! It's this tiny little thing and I can see it clear as day. I am currently downloading songs and I bought a car charger this weekend, so now I get to use it! Yea!

The other amazing item I acquired this weekend was a new cell phone. I finally got insurance on it too. I don't know why I didn't have that earlier because I should not be trusted to hold a phone and be standing at the same time. Or sitting over any hard surfaces for that matter. My last cell phone was nothing fancy, but it did have a camera and it also had a working screen. That is, until I decided to walk and text after drinking a couple margaritas from this awesome Mexican restaurant in Galveston called Salsa's. Yummy. Nehoo, I dropped the darn thing on the tile floor and cracked my screen. Which meant no more texting for Nikki! I was in serious withdrawal. And besides that, I couldn't tell who was calling me or who I was calling. Travis' grandmother was nice enough to mail me her old one so that I could use it temporarily. I am grateful for that but I felt like I was living in the stone age! No camera and a simple silver flip phone. This weekend I went to Verizon and got a BRAND NEW PHONE. That I picked out! And it's so cute! They were having a deal: Buy one Chocolate, get a second free! My sister Ariel and I split the cost difference and made out with some darn awesome phones. It's been so long since I've had anything this fancy! Teehee. Here's a picture of it. This is the color Ariel got, mine is Blue Ice but I couldn't find a pic.

I am so fortunate to be able to have these things. Travis and I are doing alright.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger