Saturday, January 26, 2008

Still in Texas

Travis and I have some very good friends, David and Stephanie, who just had a baby girl two weeks ago. Her name is Wednesday River and she was born a month early so she came out very tiny. 4 pounds, 15 ounces to be exact. Phew. Anyhoo, they asked us to be the godparents. !!! We decided to give them a little time on their own before we came barging into town. Or maybe it's a village? Thank goodness for paid leave - we took a four day weekend to visit the little new one! We drove for 9 HOURS and never left Texas. Not once. We're still in Texas. It's an itty bitty town-village northwest of Abilene. Ya. Look that up. It's called The-Middle-Of-Nowhere. It's definitely peaceful here. I realized last night that I haven't left this house since we got here. Maybe I'll go out into the driveway later.

When we got in on Thursday we went straight to the baby to check her out. For sure she is smaller in person than the photos show. She's up to 5 pounds now, so she's gaining weight! Check out the wee one:
I swear she eats every five minutes. And she barely fusses. Their doctor says that might change at her due date, but for their sake I hope she doesn't change!

Since we've been here we've done a lot of resting. It's been great because both Travis and I were having a bad week at work. It was BAD. Hopefully this trip will freshen us up so we can get back to a normal life. With raises. We've watched a few movies and David even broke out the Dance Dance Revolution. Wow. I'm tempted to buy an XBOX 360 just so we can get this game. It is an awesome workout. The best part is that it's fun too! Stephanie said that's why they bought it - to help her work off the baby weight. She only gained 12 pounds the whole time so I think she'll bounce back quickly. If only we could all be so lucky! I don't know how to rotate this video, but here's me in action!

Just cuz she's so darn cute, here are a few more photos:

Zoolander face:


Daddy feeding:

Mommy and Wednesday:

No comments:

Powered By Blogger