Sunday, February 3, 2008

Babies and My Babies

Travis FINALLY finished his newest tattoo! Thank goodness. Going in the first time wasn't so bad, but three more times over the course of five months was getting redundant. The new part is a lot darker than the older parts, so we're going to wait to put up all the big photos until it fades a little. In the meantime, here's a teaser. Don't ask me what it is, because I have no idea.

Yesterday I went to a Lamaze class with Alexa. Her husband Chris is a pilot and he was out of town so I got to be the substitute hubby. I was very scared walking in there, but it turned out to not be so bad. I watched the infamous videos of childbirth (vaginal and c-section) and I wasn't freaked out. If anything I was moved at what these women go through and then are thankful! I am a people watcher so it was very interesting to see all the different couples that came. There was quite a variety! There was only one couple besides us that wasn't husband and wife. They were mother-daughter duo and the husband is a figherfighter, so he was on duty. Lamaze is different than it used to be I think. They don't focus so much on the type of breathing as much as they do promoting things that take your mind off of the pain.

After thinking about that class and the people in it I think that I am now more afraid of raising a child than giving birth and having a baby. That part doesn't seem so bad to me. What I want to know is how do women change from woman to mother? I'm hoping it comes naturally, because I don't know how to be a mom. I know the basics of child rearing (most my friends have kids), but the idea of me being in the mother position scares the crap out of me! How do you know how to act? Do you decide in advance what type of a mom you want to be? Or do you take it one day at a time? I expected fear when I left that Lamaze class, but this isn't exactly what I was thinking!

Back to current life... I'm going to a friend's house to watch the Super Bowl on their big screen TV. I have to run home and make some finger foods before we head up there. I'm not too excited about the teams that are playing this year, but I'm always up for some beer and Super Bowl commercials!

For your entertainment, here is a photo of our dog after a pillow fight he had all by himself (note the guilt on his face):


Ariel has been staying with us for a few weeks now and I got used to being able to leave Callaway out of his kennel when I leave for work in the mornings. What I didn't realize on this day is that Ariel was not home. So we got a taste of what Callaway will do if left out of the kennel all day. When I got home and realized my mistake I opened the door expecting the place to be in shambles. Amazingly it was not! There were no accidents anywhere and nothing was chewed up. That is until I reached our bedroom. Callaway had torn open my new down pillow and spread the feathers all over our room. When I was cleaning up the mess I found that he had peed on the pillow and it was still warm. I'm thinking he was trying to hide one mess with another. What do you think? =)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger