Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Surprise Date

What a wonderful date! Travis told me last week that he wanted to reserve me Sunday from 3pm on. I was a little suspicious of this because the only times he picks our dates is on Valentine's and when he proposed to me. This is not because I am the date-Nazi who controls everything. It's due to the fact that Travis would prefer to go with the flow. Therefore leaving all stressors on me. ;o)

Anyhoo, we left the house in Travis' truck at 3pm on Sunday (after he'd spent two hours cleaning the vehicle) without me having any idea of where we were going. I figured out our destination as soon as he took the off ramp. It was either the grocery store or the nail salon. Woohoo it was the nail salon! We have been to this place for pedicures once before when my family was in town for Christmas. We chose the pedicures again. They have this wonderful deluxe package where you can choose a salt scrub or hot stone rub in addition to your choice of beverage. I drank a mimosa, Travis had a glass of Chardonnay and we both ended up with the salt scrub (last time we tried the hot stone). The woman I had this time was a little rough on my sensitive skin, but I still enjoyed it. We sat in massage chairs and watched some horrid Lifetime movie in subtitles while the ladies took care of our peds. I chose Bubblegum polish instead of my usual French pedicure. I pleaded with Travis to try a beautiful shade of fuscia that I thought would go great with his complexion. Instead he chose au natural.

After the salon, Travis drove us to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. I was starting to get nervous about money when I realized that Travis had saved cash from his overtime to pay for our evening! That was probably the best treat of all. Dinner was delicious. We both had steaks and iced tea. I had a little bit of a hard time once my dinner arrived though. I'm not usually one to complain about my food, in fear of an agitated server spitting in my dish. But they brought me mashed potatoes instead of a baked potato. Since I was really looking forward to that and I hadn't touched my plate yet, I said something to the food runner. He quickly came back with a baked potato in addition to my mashed. THEN when I cut into my "medium" steak it was more medium rare - which I cannot do because I need my meat cooked. I was tempted to just save it for home, but Travis came to my rescue and took care of it for me. It was brought back to me by the manager with my original order of a baked potato. That meant that I now had TWO baked potatoes. I was quite happy with my "second" steak. This all happened in a matter of minutes, so it didn't overtake our night. We finished off the meal with Caramel-Cinnamon Apple Cobbler. Yummy!

After dinner we stopped at Barnes and Noble to kill an hour before our movie was to begin. I LOVE that place. I could spend all day there, honestly. I think I found 5 books that I absolutely need. Travis had let me pick the movie and I went with the Golden Compass. I was a little disappointed, perhaps because I read the book first. I need to stop doing that. Travis and I were home and in bed by 9:30, which made for an early evening. That was nice because I was able to get up at a decent time and do some stuff around the house on my Monday off for President's Day. Hooray for 4-day work weeks!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger