Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Holy Gale Force Winds, Batman!

Ok well maybe not gale force, but it was blustery yesterday! The Weather Channel said strong winds would sweep the country and I am confident it reached Galveston. I work in a group of tall buildings and they form what we like to call a wind tunnel. When I went out for lunch yesterday I was nearly knocked off my feet. Literally! It died down a bunch by this morning but it's a little more chilly. I am thankful I'm not up in Chicago at the moment. The reporter on the Weather Channel had snow blowing horizontally behind her while she reported a high of 20 degrees for the day. Yuck.

Travis and I had quite the experience last night. I was putting away the dishes and I showed him a shot glass that our friend Jenna brought back from Vegas (thanks!) when I accidentally dropped it directly on my wedding band that I had taken off while doing the dishes. The glass didn't break, but my ring fell down into the freaking dishwasher. !!! Instead of flipping out, I internalized my fear and stopped breathing while Travis crawled into the dishwasher to see if he could find it. No sign of it. He had to take the entire washing mechanism apart before he spied it in the depths of the machine. Ten minutes after the start of the hunt he was using a wire to fetch it. I got a lecture on throwing my wedding band around. Like I did it on purpose. Sheesh. Then I started to breathe again.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger