Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A week sans junk

I went a whole week without any of my vices!! Well, almost. My goal was no sweets, caffeine or alcohol for seven days. On Day 5, it slipped my mind 100% (I swear) when our friends Chris and Alexa came over for dinner and brought along fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies for dessert. I only had one chocolate chip cookie, but I was sooo mad at myself when I realized my blunder. It's a little funny because I couldn't believe how good it was. Then I realized it was probably due to the fact that I hadn't had any sweets for five days. Or maybe it's because they were Otis Spunkmeyer. Yummy. My only other goof was on Day 6. That's the day I went diving and then I had planned to go for a walk with my friend Shannon before dinner. I needed something to tide me over that could be consumed on-the-go and all I could find was a soda. I chose Sprite over Cherry Coke since it doesn't have caffeine. Somehow that made me feel better. LOL! I only drank half of it though. That also makes me feel a little better.

So maybe I don't have the will power of an ox, but I think I did pretty good. I do feel better all together. I even feel like maybe my jeans fit a little looser now, though it may not be enough for others to notice. For Valentine's Day, Travis got me a box of individually wrapped Toblerone chocolates. They are my favorite chocolate ever and I decided on Day 2, while I was staring at the box sitting on our TV room coffee table, that they would be my treat when this is all over. I'm looking forward to that piece of heaven for dessert tonight. Ahhh, vices. I appreciate them oh so much more now.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

good thing i didn't eat that whole box of chocolates then....lol

Powered By Blogger