Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ki Row Prak Ter

I have been seeing a chiropractor off and on for about seven years now for an embarrassing incident in seventh grade involving a somersault. Years later I decided to go to a general practitioner, but the exercises he gave me weren't enough. My mom occasionally goes to the chiropractor so I decided to give her doctor a try. He was able to solve my problems over the course of a year. I was so grateful! Two years later I had another accident involving snow sledding that re-injured the same cervical vertebrae. I no longer live in the city of my original chiropractor so I've been hopping around trying to find a doctor that fits my needs and availability.

I think I have finally found The One (thanks to co-worker Rachel). He used to be a physical therapist for sports teams so he has an extensive background with muscle work. I was very impressed when he told me that he could adjust my back a hundred times, but it will never last if I don't have the musculature to hold the bones in place. Each time I have gone for an adjustment he has added an exercise to my daily routine that is specific to my problem area. For once, I felt like this guy was not trying to con me out of money.

To top it off, he has a massage therapist in his practice and my insurance covers it. Can you believe it?! I was ecstatic. I am going to wait another two weeks before I see her. My entire back from the shoulder blades up is always terribly sore. I'm hoping that after a few more adjustments I won't be in as much pain before I go into the massage therapist. I know I'll be crawling out the door afterwards, but I'd like to have the best start possible. Things are looking up for my neck and that's the best news I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger