Thursday, February 14, 2008

PostSecret

First off - HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! Hooray it is finally here! The day is just starting and I have already received a bouquet of red roses from Travis and a mini box of chocolates from my boss. That man cracks me up. He grew up in west Texas and is 100% Texan. For Christmas he gave me a country Christmas music CD. He wrapped it in tin foil and used autoclave tape to close it up. Strange fella. But he has been a great boss thus far.

Second - I put up another link for you to check out, it is called PostSecret. It's been entertaining me weekly for a few months now. Sometimes they are very sad though. My delightfully entertaining co-worker Rachel showed me this site when I first started working in this lab. People anonymously send in postcards with their deepest, darkest secrets. A few are posted every Sunday, but there are books out in case you'd like to read them en masse.

On a totally different and final note... I was talking to my friend Shannon last night when I was reminded that she had all three of her children WITHOUT ANY DRUGS. She is one tough cookie. In case you do not know Shannon and therefore do not know the insanity of this, you need to understand her petite stature. Here is a picture of me with Shannon at the bike rally this past year. I look like a giant.

I was hoping that this story would give my pregnant friends strength for what is to come. If Shannon can do it without pain killers, then we are all capable of doing it with or without it too! I am still undecided about what I will do when it comes time for me to give birth, but I'm leaning towards no drugs until I see what those contractions really feel like. The scary part is that once you pass a certain point, you may not be able to have an epidural. My mom had my younger sister without any drugs and she said it was the best experience of her life. She was on Demerol with me and she said it was horrible because she was not fully aware of what was going on. I know for sure I won't be having that, but the thought of an epidural is still in the back of my mind...

1 comment:

Alexa said...

Um, yeah, more power to Shannon, but even if I were not going c-section, I would be getting the drugs...after 10 weeks of braxton hicks, I don't want to feel the 'real' thing too much. They hurt! Think the worst charlie horses imaginable, or the worst menstrual cramps EVER.

Powered By Blogger