Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Aiden: 3 Weeks

So, what have I been up to lately? Aiden. That's about it. Well, I guess that's not entirely true. I've been trying to get out of the house several times a week. I wish, wish, wish that the weather was nicer so that I could go for a walk everyday. Unfortunately, temperatures have been in the 90's, with the humidity putting the heat index into the 100's. That means not a whole lot of daylight for us. Every morning I take Aiden outside for about 10-15 minutes and we sit in the hammock to absorb our vitamin D for the day.

This past weekend, Travis worked Saturday and went to play disc golf in the afternoon. Sunday, he watched Aiden for the first time by himself while I went grocery shopping sans baby in the morning and then to see a movie in the afternoon. Last weekend, we attempted to go grocery shopping with Aiden and it was too hard. He got fussy at the beginning of the shopping trip and Travis ended up holding him the entire time, while also pushing the shopping cart. I had to push the stroller. Too hard. This weekend I left the baby at home with Travis to make things a little more efficient.

That afternoon I went to see the new Harry Potter film with my mom, Ariel and Robert. I loved it. I got a little stressed part way through when I thought about Travis at home alone with Aiden. But it was unnecessary stress on myself. I told Travis I would leave my cell phone on vibrate so he could reach me if he needed to. He never did. I could tell he was a little irritated when I got home, but nothing horrible.

I met Alexa, Chrissy and Kim (all moms) yesterday for lunch at Cheddar's. It was nice to get out and see other moms. Plus, it was nice to just get out. We're hoping to meet up again next week too.

The worst problem we seem to have with Aiden is how much he eats. Which isn't really a problem, just something that I worry about in the back of my head. Thankfully, his problem is eating "too much". I know every infant is different, so I can't go by the books 100%. The books say he should be eating 3 ounces every 2-3 hours. Aiden eats 3-5 ounces every three hours. At his doctor visit this Monday, the doc said he is in the 75th percentile. That basically means that he is larger than 75% of the babies out there. But since he's larger in both the weight and length category, they didn't seemed concerned at all. We are just going to keep doing what we are doing until the doc says enough is enough.

Aiden is a GREAT sleeper. He gets up once in the middle of the night at 2am. I have to supplement breastfeeding with 2 ounces of formula at each feeding, so it takes me about an hour to feed Aiden. We get up when Travis gets up for work for his breakfast, and then I try to go back to sleep. Aiden usually tries to wake up before his next feeding, but I'll take what I can get! I like the breastfeeding, but I think I am just going to make it to his 2-month vaccines and then stop. I am really not looking forward to pumping at work! I think that switching to formula all the time will keep me sane.

Getting my Aiden love


Robert takes his turn


Aiden and Kate hanging out in the AC. Nadya and Alexey's AC broke, so they bought a portable unit for their bedroom. You CANNOT go without air conditioning in south Texas summers.


Auntie Ariel loves her nephew. She said he's her favorite nephew (never mind that he's her only nephew...)


Aiden checking out Callaway


Daddy time - a regular appointment every evening (Check out Travis' toes. It trips me out that Aiden has his daddy's feet. Exact miniature replicas.)

7 comments:

Alexa said...

SEE! That last picture....he looks like Travis. It is weird how he mostly looks like you, but then every once in a while you get a photo of him and I think he looks like Travis. Too adorable. Hope your doing well. Miss you :).

Rachel said...

YAY for the Mr. Happy Onesie!!! I love the picture of Aiden and Kate! They are best friends already!!!

Sara's Satire said...

Awww...He's getting so big...You guys seem to be adjusting really well. Don't worry about the food intake thing. You are right, every baby is different. I was worried about Logan at first too. I remember him eating about 4oz. every 2 - 3 hours. He was ALWAYS in the 90th or 95th percentile. Once he turned one I started to get really concerned with obesity and things like that, but the pediatrician assured me that he was perfectly healthy and that he wasn't fat! Ha He is STILL in the 90th percentile for both height and weight, and I STILL worry sometimes, but then I remind myself that he eats healthy, nutritious food MOST of the time...he is just tall!

Nikki said...

Alexa - I'm glad to hear that he looks like Travis. I will have to tell him so. =)

Rachel - Nadya's mom (Babushka) said that Aiden is Kate's future fiance`. LOL!!

Sara - I think it's good if he's in the 90th percentile for both weight and height. That would make him in proportion. I guess that's all I can hope for!

Rachel said...

Awww...they are betrothed already!

Alexa said...

Ok...its been like a week, just post ONE PHOTO. You don't have to post a whole blog, just a new photo of him :).

Nikki said...

I know! I need to get on here at least once a week to get up photos. Problem is that time keeps FLYING by. ARG!!

Powered By Blogger