Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby Sigh

Aiden makes the cutest sighing noise when he drinks his bottle. He also makes a loud sucking noise, so it's hard to hear the sighing over that in this video.


Dinner time with Aiden from Nicolette Ward on Vimeo.


We've been having some problems with his serious sucking. It's been painful for me while breastfeeding from the beginning. I had to take a two day break to heal and now I use a nipple shield as protection for myself. He is a voracious eater and there's nothing I can do about it! The problem now is that he eats so aggressively that it's causing him to choke at every feeding.

I talked to the doctor about this choking problem yesterday on the phone and he recommended pacing him. Basically that means I have to take the food away from him periodically to force him to slow down and finish what's in his mouth. What's amazing is that he is able to choke when I'm nursing him AND when he's using the slow-flow nipple on his bottle. We can't slow this down for him anymore than we already are. Now we just need for him to catch up with himself.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE IT!!! When you say 'there's the monster that attacks mommy' - his sighs make it sound like he's laughing!!

Alexa said...

LOL! That is so sweet! I wish I would've gotten that stuff of Blair, so glad you are taking lots of video of him this small, you will love to watch them in a year.

Blair actually started to make sucking noises and a sucky face when he was watching Aiden! How cute...

Powered By Blogger