Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Aiden: 4 Weeks

Another week has passed. =( It is going by way too fast!! I have two weeks left of maternity leave. I worked it out with my boss that I will have a three-day week my first week back. I think that will make the transition a little easier. I am so excited to get back to my life outside this house, but I am also super sad about all the time I will be losing with Aiden. I've been pretty good about keeping myself busy so that it doesn't get monotonous. He changes so much every week. I hate that I might miss things because he is at the babysitter's. I guess this is a step that every working mother has to take. UGH.

This past Thursday I met a bunch of people from work for lunch. I found out that my friend Linsey had her baby boy. They named him Luke. Linsey looked awesome immediately following the delivery. It's amazing. I looked like pure poop.

Friday was a big day for visitors. Rachel and her parents came over in the morning. Sara came by in the afternoon. Alexa and Blair came over right before dinner and Kai came over with his two kids after dinner. By the end of the day I realized how many people Aiden and I had seen that day. Big day for the little guy!

Travis worked Saturday. Aiden and I bought groceries for the first time, just the two of us. I could believe that we were successful! Aiden just stared at the ceiling as I pushed him around in his carrier in the cart. Our limiting factor was space. Since the little man and his carrier were in the cart, we had to place the items around him. I think we did pretty good. After that I ran home, put away the groceries and grabbed an outfit for Travis. We met him in Galveston before heading over to our friends Jerry and Allison's place for a BBQ. I think that was our first real social outting. I think we were pretty successful. Since it was so late, Aiden slept through most of it.

Sunday Travis did some electrical work. He's working on putting recessed under-cabinet lighting in the kitchen. For dinner Travis grilled steaks for the two of us.

Every morning Aiden and I have been going outside for 10-15 minutes. Sadly, that had to stop. We had a bunch of ran in the last week which means the mosquitos are back. I bought mosquito netting for Aiden yesterday, but I will still be attacked, so I don't know how often we'll be going out there. The idea of coating myself in bug spray is not all that appealing.

The best time with Aiden is first thing in the morning. He is so smiley and he's starting to talk to me. I'm sad that Travis doesn't get to see that because he is at work. I feel like I'm getting insight into what it will be like when I go back to work. Maybe this weekend he will get to see the smiley man.

Here's our past week in photos:

(I cannot for the life of me get this picture to rotate properly. So cute though!)


Last Wednesday my mom and I took the ferry over to Bolivar Peninsula so my mom could see what
it looks like after Hurricane Ike. It looks like the rebuilding is going smoothly, but there is a lot to demolish still. The ferry ride over was a little rough for us. You have to turn off your vehicle for the ride over, which means no AC. No way were we going to sit in the car for that, so I took Aiden out of his car seat (an impossibly long process in itself), put on his hat and watched the dolphins swim in the wake of the ferry. Hot, but fun!

Tummy time on a mat we got from Jenn and Billy. (Thanks guys!)


I think the mini-Boppy pillow support really helps him enjoy this, as opposed to having his face on the ground. He gets mad after about three minutes of that. (Check out my DMB tee. I fit it now!)


Sagira stole Callaway's bed! And he let's her sleep on it. So funny.


Trying to catch my little man smiling. So close!

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Yeah! NEW Photos!!! LOl....he is so sweet! He is really growing fast. Can't wait to see him again.

Sara's Satire said...

Ha...way tooo cute! JR finally got to feel the baby move last night, I was pretty excited since everyone else has felt her move except him!!! Travis will get to see all the smiles...dont be surprised if he comes to you all excited about how Aiden talked and smiled with him all morning!!! Just try to resist the urge to say, "I know, he does it with me all the time!"

Powered By Blogger