Tuesday, December 7, 2010

All Lit Up

Travis is working late all week, so I am picking up Aiden from school at night. Usually I drop him off and Travis picks him up. That means it will be a little more commute time for me this week. Last night we didn't get home until a little after 6 so it was dark out. Aiden got to see the lights on the house for the first time. He just walked along the front of the house pointing at the lights saying, "igh, igh". That's how he says 'light'.

When we got in the house, we took a moment to show him all the lights inside the house. I think his favorites are the blinking, colored lights we have hung in the bathroom. They have a music box that plays Christmas music. It's a little cheesy, but it reminds me of when I was a kid, so it has a certain nostalgia that I like to keep around at the holidays. Actually, my dad bought us that string of lights years ago.


Aiden points at each light and says a different color. He doesn't really know which one is which yet. Most of them are 'boo' (blue), some of them are puhpooh (purple; and there's not even a purple light on the string!). We're working on the rest.

Next was the Christmas tree.


He was more interested in the ornaments than the lights. Ironically enough, he recognizes most of the animal ornaments. He points at each fish (I have an ocean/beach themed tree) and says "ish", he points at his sheep ornament and says "baa" and then he points at the seahorses and says "aaaaaaa!", which is his version of 'neigh'. Gah, I love that kid.




2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

How freakin cute! I miss him! I can't wait to see him. Are you guys going home to Illinois this year? Aiden is so smart...Landry is actually going backwards...she used to say momma, and babba when she was hungry...now all she will say is Dada! Drives me crazy. She too, is fascinated with the ornaments and the lights...I have to constantly move her away from the tree - I considered just taking all the ornaments off, LOL!

Nikki said...

I would say just move the ornaments up higher, but then the tree might tip over. =/

Nope, we're staying here this Christmas. I REALLY wanted to go home since we didn't get to last year, but it just didn't work out that way. Plus, my parents were both pushing for us to stay here so they could take a break from the Illinois winter. We HAVE to go home next year though...

Powered By Blogger