Monday, December 14, 2009

The holiday cheer is here!

Travis and I officially have all the Christmas decorations up at our home! Wahoo! I LOVE Christmas. It really is my favorite time of year. Actually, there's a chance, if we have time, that we may put up more Christmas lights. We have three extra strings of lights, so I may line our fence in the backyard. But that's only if I find the time.

I'm trying to do a few crafts this year, all of which need to get done this week if I'm going to get them to the work buddies on time. AHH! I told Travis he gets to clean the house this week. I know he's really excited. My mom and brother are getting into town Thursday night. That means the clock is ticking on house cleaning. I got some organizational stuff done this weekend, but spent most of my time either shopping or spending time with friends and family. Busy, busy, busy!!

Last week we had Ariel over to decorate the Christmas tree. When I was growing up, we had a family tradition of spending the evening in front of the fire, decorating the Christmas tree. I'd like to continue this tradition with Aiden. Sadly, he didn't make it this year because that darn new schedule has him going to bed at 7pm!

Next year we'll have to do this on the weekend so Aiden can be a part of the fun. It's not really a big deal though since he probably wouldn't have been very interested in it his year. Although I do have to say that Aiden LOVES the Christmas lights. Travis makes a point of showing him the lights every day - whether its the lights on our house, the tree or the crazy, multi-colored lights in the bathroom. (That play music too, LOL!)


The day after we decorated the Christmas tree, we took our family photo in front of the tree. I like doing it this way, as opposed to professional photos because it's a great way to document the evolution of our Christmas tree. Anyhoo, after we took our pictures, Travis remembered that we had not hung Aiden's 1st Christmas ornament. We had saved it for him to do.



And he did it so well!



Christmas is in the air, people! Be merry! And not crappy, please. I don't know what it is about this time of year that seems to bring out the grouchiest people on the road. Travis and I waited for 5 minutes in line at a Whataburger drive-thru window AFTER we had gotten our food. The server forgot to give me a fork for my salad. Normally I don't wait to fix problems with to-go orders, but a fork is fairly important to the salad-eating-process.

After we got the fork, we pulled forward and parked in a spot so I could feed Aiden while Travis ate (eating on the road!!). The woman who was behind us roared off in her little sports car, waving the finger and screaming obscenities about how we were taking forever. SHEESH. FIVE minutes lady! Chill. And the reason why it took 5 minutes is because that's how long it took the server to get back to the window with that lady's food. She would have been waiting that long anyways.

Travis always does the obnoxious thing and gives people like that a thumbs up. I think it's worse that flipping them off, honestly. I guess we have to accept the good and the grinches!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger