Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's December? What?!?

Can you believe it is December already? So. Funny debate. It has come up several times in conversation now, so I thought I'd throw it out into the world wide web.
When the clock strikes midnight on December 31st and the year becomes the futuristic-sounding 2010, are you going to read the date as "January first, two thousand ten" or "January first, twenty ten"?
Personally, I like twenty ten. It is simplistic.

In related news, how many of you out there write the date like so: 6/10 for June tenth? I do. I also write the date 6/09 for June 2009.

At work, we have to record the expiration date of everything. The other day I was attempting to write an expiration date of June 2010 and I wrote it 06/10. Guess what? Two months from now, when I go back to read that date, I'm not going to know if I meant June 10th or June 2010. I thought twice about this, acknowledged that it might put me in quite a pickle in the months ahead, and changed it to read June 2010.

What a pain in the ass.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I vote twenty ten. But, it still sounds like the future!! Weird!!!

Sara's Satire said...

Hahaha...SO random...but interesting! I have no idea what I will do, although I usually write the entire date, such as 6/9/09 or 6/10/10. So I dont think it will be that hard for me but I know that other might find themselves in a pickle!
I like twenty-ten as well, but will probably say two thousand ten. Or do a cross between the both!

Powered By Blogger