Friday, December 18, 2009

Hectic days before family gets in town

Oh busy week how I loathe you. Seriously peeps, it's been a rough one. And yes I just wrote peeps. Deal with it.

Sunday: Christmas shopping (not completely finished, but so close). Got in a movie and a little rest time before 10pm bedtime.

Monday: Craft night (made my own Christmas present for a few people). Collapsed in bed at 11pm.

Tuesday: Finished Monday's crafts; addressed and stamped Christmas cards; gave Aiden a bath. Collapsed in bed at 10:30pm.

Wednesday: Wrapped crafty gifts; prepared individual hot cocoas for the family to enjoy Christmas Eve. Collapsed in bed at 10:15pm.

Thursday: Laundry; ironed clothes and packed a bag of everything needed to get ready for the Christmas party Friday. Should have wrapped presents to put under the tree but will do on Saturday instead. Collapsed in bed at 9:45pm.

Tonight: Travis' company Christmas party, then my Christmas party (Travis' boss' wife is watching Aiden!) Planning to collapse in bed slightly inebriated. We will see.

Every night this week it has been Go Mode from the moment I get home. Go Mode is what I call it when I am on a roll getting things done around the house and if Travis stops me for even just a moment for a hug or kiss I have to yell at him "GO MODE!" and he steps back to let me plow on. He hates it, but I know that if I stop for even a moment, I may not be able to start going again. I just sort of ignore the exhaustion until I am finished and then I let it devour me for the remainder of the evening.

Unfortunately, Travis has been sick all week and he was supposed to be in charge of all the house cleaning so I could focus on Christmas preparations. The family is going to start rolling into town tomorrow night and we don't have much time left to clean before they get here. Thankfully, Travis managed to vacuum Tuesday night and then clean up animal messes (that's what we get for leaving Callaway out of the kennel during the day) and pay bills on Wednesday night.

I don't have a whole lot of time to do this stuff during weekday evenings. I get home between 5:30 and 6pm and then spend the next hour making dinner, feeding Aiden, feeding myself and my husband and then cleaning up all associated messes. It's been rush, rush rush!! Honestly, I'm looking forward to Sunday. My family will be here and I plan on relaxing. I have to work Monday, but then I am off until January 4th! Wahoo!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger