Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gregorio: 5 Months

Where has the time gone?! I cannot believe how big Aiden is getting. Each day gets better and better. Two new things he's learned in the past week?
  1. How to "razz" (AKA, fart sounds with his mouth).
  2. How to sit up unassisted for up to three minutes!

Holy cow. I know. It's amazing.

#1 is funny because I was complaining to Scott and Rachel on Thanksgiving about how the one thing Aiden has shown no sign of yet is blowing a razz. What to Expect in the First Year says that he might be able to do that by 5 months old. Believe me. I know 100% that you are not supposed to compare your child to other children developmentally and the book only says that he might, not that he should be able to. But it is SO HARD not to be slightly concerned about such things. I promise I wasn't losing any sleep over the situation, but it still sat in the back of my mind.

Point is, Scott spent the whole day making farting noises at Aiden. And guess what? He picked up on it! Saturday night when Travis was getting him ready for bed, Aiden just razzed away! I'm so proud of his farting noises.

Also awesome? His balance. I guess all we have to do is have a few people over to play with Aiden and he'll learn all sorts of new things! Chris R. spent a good15-20 minutes helping Aiden to sit unassisted on the floor on Thanksgiving. And sure enough, Aiden mastered the trick. See for yourself:

Balancing Act from Nicolette Ward on Vimeo.


PS - I have to mention here that Travis calls Aiden Gregorio from time to time. His middle name is Gregory, sooooooooooo...

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

Ha...so cute! JR calls Logan Guiermo...I dont know how to spell it! I dont know why...but hes been doing it since he was a baby!

Anonymous said...

Wait until he starts razzing in the middle of his spoonful of green beans... and you CAN'T get mad because it's just so damn cute :)
He's just precious, Nikki!

Powered By Blogger