Saturday, May 22, 2010

Green House

Travis, replacing our old, hole-filled aluminum screens with fresh, new, nylon solar-screens.





Solar screens: before and after


I can't wait until Travis finishes the rest of the windows. It is so amazing being able to see out our windows so well. Although, I do have this constant, irrational fear at night that there is a Peeping Tom outside my window. That means I have to make the rounds through the house and close all the blinds every night.


Note to all my friends: Never knock on my windows at night. I will be forced to beat the crap out of you until my fear subsides.

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

Hahaha...That looks great Nikki. I can't wait til Aiden's birthday, you guys have been doing so much to your house! Plus, you should be able to up the value of the house with some of the improvements you guys made. I wanted to take those storm shutters off so badly...I hated not being able to look out the window. As far as the blinds go - that could be something else you guys get...the wooden blinds...my Aunt actually has these bamboo blinds that are pretty neat. I usually leave all my blinds closed and open the ones in the living room when I want some sunlight....but mostly I leave them shut and I open up the curtain to the sliding glass doors! Your House is going to look wonderful!!!

Nikki said...

That is so funny, Sara. I think the new neighbors had the same idea as you - they took the shutters off the window on the porch. So far that's all they've done, so I'm not sure if they plan to do it to the rest of the house. It looks like they started to paint one of them white and then stopped. Not sure what the plan is...

Powered By Blogger