Thursday, May 6, 2010

Upright Escapades

A couple weeks ago, I was pulling the car in the garage when I noticed a baby toy box sitting up in our storage area. We saved some of the boxes that toys and baby gear came in so we can repack it and save it for the next baby, but I didn't recognize that toy. I pulled it down and remembered that it was a toy we had stored away after Christmas because Aiden was too young to play with it at that point. Stupid memory... But I'm glad I noticed it before Aiden got too old for it!

Ball Popper from Nicolette Ward on Vimeo.

Aiden likes to grab the balls the second they pop out. Usually he hold onto the toy for balance with one hand, then grabs with the other hand. Well, this weekend, while playing with this ball popper, he decided that it would be easier to catch the balls with BOTH hands and suddenly, MY BOY IS STANDING ALL ON HIS OWN!! He stood like this for a good 15 seconds, legs a quivering, before he realized, "crap! I am not holding onto anything!" Then he grabbed a hold of the toy again. He's so close to standing on his own!

3 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

hahaha....I love that video...too cute.. I love his little pajammas. I must get that toy!!! Travis' ADD commment;) Gah! Great video!

Rachel said...

ahhhhhh!!!!! Standing all alone?!?!!? He's growing up while I'm gone. Dangit Aiden...slow down until I get back

Nikki said...

"Dang it." Teehee!

Ya, Aiden is weird. Sometimes we worry about him because we will call his name over and over again and he won't turn to look at us. But then again, other times he does it the first time we call his name. That's why Travis was joking about the ADD. He obviously can hear us, he just CHOOSES not to sometimes.

Powered By Blogger