Monday, May 24, 2010

Let the Toddling Commence

Travis finished taking down the storm shutters and put the solar screens on the rest of the windows this weekend. I feel like I live in a whole new house now. There are things I see outside, that I never noticed before and frankly it's making me a little jumpy. We have an oleander bush outside our kitchen window. Last night I went out to the kitchen in the dark to get a glass of water, saw the shadow of the oleander blow outside and freaked for a moment because I thought it was a person. Hopefully that jumpiness goes away soon.

Also completed this weekend? Repainted the non-storm shutters. You know, the decorative kind that flank each window. The next chore that will hopefully be completed prior to Aiden's party, is repainting the trim on the outside of the house. One side has taken a thorough beating over the years and is in desperate need of a touch up.



In more important news...

AIDEN CAN WALK. Well, not really, but sort of. He took his first steps this weekend. I mean, there has been the occasional 'I think I can take one step from the coffee table to the ottoman', but never more than one step on his own. This weekend he was all over it. I took a video of it, but I still need to upload it. Sadly, it ends in Aiden crying because he falls down before Travis can catch him. =(

Still - it is a happy thing!! He is doing really well about standing on his own. Usually he does it while playing at a toy, but this weekend he did it when we let go of his hands in the middle of the room. After a moment, he realizes he is standing on his own and slowly lowers himself to the ground.

Amazing! AMAZING I tell ya. Having a kid is the best.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

How Exciting!!! You could tell he was getting close to walking! :) Can't wait to give him smooches.

Powered By Blogger