Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Saturday Grad Party

On Saturday, after Alex' track meet, my mom threw a graduation party and invited all of our family. This was the first time we got to see her house since she moved out of the house we lived in during high school. It was also the first time we have seen our extended family since Travis and I got married three and a half years ago. It was insanely awesome to see everyone and finally meet several of their kids...

Jason, Jenny and Holden


Aiden has always seemed to adore the big kids. He follows along with them with his eyes, since (at this point) he is unable to run after them. Here he is playing with Holden, Mia (belongs to my cousin Matt and his wife Christy) and Ryan (belongs to my cousin Michelle and her husband Mike). All the kids were so cute. It reminded me of when I was little and my cousins and I would run around playing during the holidays.


Holden found some binoculars, which he then proceeded to look at Travis through them. From 3 feet away. With the binoculars facing the wrong way.


The hostess, Pierre and I


Mia and Ryan eating St. Joseph-Ogden High School colored cupcakes.


We had such a great time at the party, but had to head to bed around 10pm. We just don't have the energy we once did. I suppose it's a good thing we headed back to my dad's so "early". Aiden had fallen asleep at my mom's, but just WOULD NOT go back to sleep at my dad's. After an hour of attempting to coax him to sleep, Travis gave in and decided to take Aiden for a drive. He was gone for about 40 minutes before he came back with a sleeping baby. ROUGH NIGHT. And not for the same reason we used to have rough nights. HA.

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

Hahahaa....Cracks me up that Travis took him out in car. I thought about doing this before...but never have. I am worried about this weekend though, we will be in a hotel room and I think it will be hard for her to go to sleep with other people in the same room as her...I guess we will see.

Nikki said...

That's the problem we had. When Aiden fell asleep before we came to bed, we were fine. But that night, we went to bed at the same time as him, so he could see us laying there. He absolutely REFUSED to go to sleep with us in sight. GOOD LUCK.

Powered By Blogger