Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Weekend Catch-up

We had a full weekend, including a trip to the Ramby's for dinner, a 1-year old birthday party and a "gardening party" at Ariel and Robert's. Let's just say we really tested Aiden's ability to switch up his sleeping schedule this past weekend.

Friday night we went out to dinner at a restaurant for the first time as a family. We honestly have not been out to eat at all since Aiden has been able to sit in a high chair. Needless to say, the trip was interesting - but totally worth it. We chose Chili's, which is only 15 minutes away from our house. Unfortunately, Travis had to work a little late Friday night, so we were late getting out for dinner.

Aiden did really well, especially considering how I've seen kids act in public before. He was a handful for us, but I don't think it affected others all that much. No screaming, no tantrums, just lots of throwing toys and crackers on the floor. Don't worry - I picked the crackers up off the floor before we left. It was a Friday night, and that server barely had enough time to bring us our food and drinks, let alone pick up a baby mess.

Travis and I splurged and got an appetizer - something we almost never do. It wasn't until after our dinner came that I remembered why. Neither of us had any room for our meal, after shoveling that Triple Sampler Platter in our face. We were both starving, since it was late. Plus it has been FOREVER since I have eaten junk food like that. YUM.

Saturday, Aiden and I went to a 1-year old birthday party in Galveston. The party was slow to get moving, so we had to leave around the time it started to pick up. That was okay with me though, because we had dinner plans at the Ramby's! We are in a tough stage with Aiden. He can't walk yet, but he is determined to be mobile. I just don't have the guts to let him crawl around in the grass at this point. Not only will he be crazy dirty (which means I will be dirty once I pick him up), but I worry about things like mosquitoes and fire ants. By the end of get-togethers like that, my back is aching from hold Aiden the entire time.

Dinner with Chris, Alexa and Blair was nice. They always serve a nice spread and we got to take a peak at the club house Chris is building for Blair. That was a late night for Aiden though. Again with the tough stage - Aiden wants to be mobile, which means that for as long as he can get around, he WILL try to get to where the fun is at. We used to be able to tie him down in his car seat to get him to fall asleep, but that is no more. We ended up leaving around 9:45pm because Aiden would just NOT go to sleep. It was probably for the best anyway, since I'm an old lady who prefers to go to bed at 9!

Sunday, we slept in an hour. We also slept in on Saturday, which is a huge deal. We ALWAYS get up at 6 with Aiden, so he can remain on schedule when the week starts again. He did so well this weekend that I think I might let him sleep until 7 every weekend morning (if he'll allow it)! Sunday morning, we tried banana pancakes for the first time. They were pretty good, but I think next time I will use two bananas instead of one. Aiden seemed to enjoy these more than the blueberrie pancakes I made the previous weekend. Probably because they are not as tart. I made an orange coulis out of marmalade to use as a topping. Since I'm not a huge fan of syrup on pancakes, I was ecstatic to find it worked pretty well.

After breakfast Travis worked in the yard. Then we headed to Ariel and Robert's for the afternoon. They had a bunch of plants they had bought that really needed to be planted before they wilted away. Travis spent the afternoon working his butt off tilling a third of their yard for the vegetable garden. I never lifted a finger. Honestly, I was disappointed. I agreed to go work at their house because I really enjoy working in the yard. I did get about 10 minutes of full sun, which was PLENTY for my ghostly complexion. I spent the rest of the day taking care of Aiden and socializing with everyone else who was there.

It was a nice weekend, spent mostly outdoors. I'm trying to absorb as much of this weather before it turns into Sauna Season. We have more plans to do so this weekend!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger