Friday, July 13, 2012

Dirty Thirty

Worst birthday ever. Here's why:

- I turned 30. Officially no longer a kid.
- My family forgot to tell me happy birthday. I had to remind all but one of them. (Travis and Aiden remembered though.)
- My friends were all too busy to go out to lunch today (totally understandable). A few of the folks at my new job did take me out though.
- Now I'm finishing the day off with a hospital stay with Mila.

I noticed Mila was warm when I got her out of the car seat after daycare. Took her temp and it was 100.5F. I called the on-call nurse and she recommended taking her to urgent care or the ER immediately. When we got to urgent care they took her temp and it was at 101.6F. That doctor recommended admitting her to the hospital for observation and run some tests.

I am currently sitting on the fold-out couch in her room with Travis while they take blood and urine samples. My mom is at home with Aiden, who is sleeping.

Urgent care gave Mila Tylenol before we left so her temp was already down to 99.6F by the time she was admitted to the hospital. I hope they will release her in the morning if all goes well tonight but the doctor said 24 hours. I REALLY hope we don't have to stay here that long. My birthday party is set for tomorrow night and I really don't want to cancel that. Of course if it has to be done, Mila is totally worth it.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger