Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another Must Read

After reading the Twilight series, Rachel and I both felt a void in our lives. Somehow the author sucks you into the lives of these fictional characters to the point that you don't want it to end. Granted, she does have a knack for good endings, so despite this need the story does seem final. We heard that Stephanie Meyer had written another book since Breaking Dawn (the 4th book) called The Host.

This book is about an alien force that takes over Earth via body snatching method. Rachel was interested in the book, so she bought it for her flight home for Thanksgiving. She liked it so much that she had it finished by the time she got back to Texas. Graciously, she loaned the book to me and oh my gosh it's almost as good as the Twilight books. Possibly just as good. It is amazing how she can make me like the aliens that are taking over the world.

If you've read and enjoyed the Twilight books, then I definitely recommend this to those readers. If you haven't, but you're up for a little science fiction/romance (strange combo, I know), this is also the book for you.

I tried to keep the book at work and just read it during lunch to help pass the time. Come Friday, I was unable to leave the book unattended ALL WEEKEND, so I brought the thing home with me. I'm going to remind you that Travis gets jealous of books when I spend more time reading than with him. This was one of those times, although I did make sure to put down the book once in a while to spend some time with him. ;)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger