Monday, December 29, 2008

Internet, I'm Pregnant!

Yup, that's right! Travis and I decided that our New Year's resolution for this year is to be good parents. We are expecting our first child to come into the world somewhere around June 22nd. As of yesterday I am 15 weeks along in the gestation process.

We found out when I was only four weeks prego, so this has been some pretty hard stuff to hold back from my family, friends and the blogging community. We decided to wait to tell our parents until we could tell them in person and properly accept hugs and the exclamations of joy. Now that they know, and all our closest friends know, I felt it was time to announce it on my blog. Weehoo!!

We found out the sex, but in the name of fun, we've decided not to tell anyone the name of our baby until he is born. We're having a son! In the meantime, we're calling him Lil' Wodie. We went with this name because Wodie is a play on Travis' last name that became his nickname in high school. Now that we both have the same last name it only seems fitting that we call the wee one Lil' Wodie.


Thing I Like The Least About Pregnancy Thus Far: a raging case of acne.

I was trying to think when the last time was that I had acne this bad, but I honestly cannot remember it ever being like this. Which causes me to think this is the worst case of acne I've ever had. Although the lack of humidity up here is definitely helping out matters. I know that I should not be complaining because some people have it so much worse than I do. And it could be a raging case of morning sickness. I've been lucky so far with only mild nausea for the most part. I did vomit once when I was maybe 6 or 7 weeks along, but that was it.

Thing I Like The Most About Pregnancy Thus Far: my growing bust line.

I'm pretty sure I've gone up a cup size and I KNOW that this is Travis' favorite part of my pregnancy so far. It really is amazing how much they can grow. And supposedly they are only going to get bigger! I've put off buying a new bra because I want to make sure I get one that I will fit for the longest time period. For now, I'm busting out of the bras I do have and I LOVE it.

4 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

I am so excited for you...I have been waiting for you to post it on your blog so that I could say something!!! I bought lil wodie a cute lil outfit that I cant wait to give you...I know its early but just think if I keep this up, yall wont ever have to buy clothes!!!! I cant wait for yall to get home, I cant believe yall were able to hold it in this long and not talk about babies constantly!!! I told my whole family and they are all so excited for you my mom and Vanessa told me to congratulate you...so CONGRATULATIONS!

Nikki said...

Believe me, it was hard. I almost let it slip several times. I can't wait to see the outfit! I love the little clothes. Travis already bought a little U of I outfit for him. =D Tell your family I said thanks.

Rachel said...

WAHOOO!!!!!! I also bought a little something for the little someone. I LOVE buying little clothes!!! Sara's right, you aren't going to have to buy clothes for at least a year...I might have you covered all by myself :) YAY!!!

Da Momma said...

Congrats little momma! So fun. I don't know who is more excited - you or Rachel! Um.......that would be YOU!

Powered By Blogger