Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas is coming

TGIF. Not that it was a bad week, but I am tired and ready for the weekend! And I miss Travis! I feel like I have not seen him all week. I'm hoping we get to spend tonight together. Even if it's just an easy night at home with dinner and a movie. We started our meal in the crock pot this morning, so we'll be able to take the night off from any heavy cooking. I think I'm still a little burnt out from Thanksgiving.

I have almost completed my Christmas shopping. Travis and I went gung-ho on Amazon.com, only leaving a few random items to be picked up at stores. I was unsure about our purchase when I saw the shipping fees would be $88. I changed my mind when I thought about what a deal we got on most of the gifts online, and the fact that I would have to drive all over the place to find the best deals in a store (increase in costs due to gas spent). Plus, it only comes down to $6 per gift. That's not bad, right? RIGHT? Ugh, whatever. It's done.

Our families have been calling us to start making plans for while we are in Illinois. This is the part I hate. I LOVE visiting everyone, but I HATE figuring out when to visit everyone. Our two limiting factors are that Chrissie will be out-of-state for the first week we are there, so I have to hang out with her the following week. I HAVE to meet Audrey. =) The second limiting factor being that Ariel and Robert are planning to only be in Illinois for the first five days. The rest of the time they will be visiting Robert's family in Michigan. That means we have to find some time together to spend with our parents in the first few days we are there. It's gonna be messy. I guess I'll have to get on that whole planning thing this weekend. The fam is getting restless...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger