Friday, December 19, 2008

We Leave Tomorrow!

Only one day left until we make the trip home. Yay! Thankfully, it will be a busy day. Well, maybe not this morning, but the rest of it will be busy. I have a short day of work - I get to leave at lunch time. Then I'm going straight to the chiropractor for my last adjustment for three weeks. Eek.

My appointment was originally scheduled for Wednesday, but I left my checkbook at home so I had no form of payment. One of the many annoyances that Ike left behind is many businesses are without a credit card machine. I'm not quite sure why, because some places do have them now. My chiropractor's office is still in shambles. When I went two weeks ago, there was no drywall on the bottom four feet of all the walls. He has one table that is set up at the back of the practice, partitioned off by plastic tarps to prevent dust buildup on everything. I'm interested to see how much has been completed since then.

After the chiro, I'm going to stop by the house to pick up Callaway and his myriad of belongings, before bringing him to Hotel Godiva. Chris and Alexa have graciously offered to watch him while we are gone and I know Callaway will have so much fun. Not only will he have Godiva, but Alexa's brother is coming with his kids. Callaway LOVES kids. Especially if they like to throw a ball or play tug-o-war. =) I am a little bummed that I won't get to meet all of them though.

When I get back to my house I am going to do some last minute cleaning (dishes, put out the trash, anything that might leave a stench if left unattended for two weeks, etc.) and load my remaining stuff into the car. Then I'm off for Ariel and Robert's! We are staying the night there before leaving in the morning, since they live closer to the ferry docks.

I'm getting a little nervous about the weather in Illinois. There was a winter storm last night, so my brother's school was cancelled today. Unfortunately for him, he didn't find that out until he had driven all the way to the school. It is supposed to rain today and then get back down into freezing temperatures tonight. I'm hoping there will be plenty of time to salt the roads before we drive into town tomorrow night! It's supposed to be 11°F on Sunday. YIKES. I just keep telling myself, "Winter Wonderland. Winter Wonderland. Winter Wonderland..."

2 comments:

Rachel said...

My parents got 10 INCHES of snow last night!!!!!

Nikki said...

Wow. That's ridiculous. But pretty! It is 3 degrees today, -15 with windchill. This is out of control. Travis is second guessing our decision to move back here someday... LOL!

Powered By Blogger