Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More Babies!

Last week I got to go visit little Luke - son of Linsey and Zach. That's when I realized how much Aiden has grown in the last month. He is a MONSTER compared to Luke.


Luke, 1 week - Aiden, 4 weeks

I was talking to my friend Chrissie from Illinois about Aiden's weight and she said that her daughter Audrey weighed 11 pounds when she was three months old. And she weighed that much for two months thereafter. If I am remembering correctly, Chrissy from Texas said that her six-month old son Mattie weighs 15 pounds. HA.

It was nice to catch up with Linsey and get all the details on her delivery. Zach had a few gory details to add. I think I'm a little thankful that Travis was so engrossed with Aiden immediately following the delivery. He didn't pay much attention to my clean up. LOL! Anyhoo, Linsey still looks great and is enjoying her maternity leave with Luke and Zach. The baby slept the entire time I was there. He is so sweet! I cannot believe the number of babies that surround me. =)

Aiden has been growing developmentally also. He can hold up his held 90% of the time. I need to break out the Bumbo so he can start taking advantage of that. Every morning he talks to me and smiles a bunch. I LOVE IT. I had to sit Travis down last week so he could see how well Aiden can talk and interact. When I get ready in the morning, I prop him up on a pillow on the bed. He follows me as I walk around the room. He also loves to stare at the ceiling fan. Ha! Aiden and Dad's first conversation:


My adorable sleeping baby.


This past Friday, Grandma Carol played babysitter for the night while Travis and I went out to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. It sounds like everything went pretty smoothly. It gave me a little peace of mind about sending Aiden to daycare for the first time next Wednesday. I feel good that he will do well with someone else in charge. I know he's been around my mom before, but I don't think he's spent that much time with her yet. Grandma is leaving for Illinois this week. The last of our family to leave. I'm already looking forward to Grandma Brenda's visit in October and Grandpa Greg's possible visit at Christmas!


This past Saturday we went to get our photos taken professionally, partially courtesy of Alexa (thank you!). I could not believe how many prints we got for the price we paid. And the pictures are amazing. Here's a taste...

3 comments:

Alexa said...

Those photos are amazing!!! I am so glad you did it while he is so tiny. You will cherish those...

Sara's Satire said...

Awww....cute pics! I went back and looked at Logan's baby book - he weighed 12 pounds at 1 month, but then again, he started at over 9 pounds and he was 15 pounds at 2 months. I can't believe your maternity leave is almost up. It seems like it has just flown by...heck I cant believe Aiden is already a month old! Geez!

Rachel said...

Your pictures are so great!!! Your little man looks like he's growing ALOT!!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Powered By Blogger