Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Test Run

Yesterday I took Aiden to the sitter in the morning so I could get an idea of what the schedule will be like. I'm a little excited to find out that I can get to J's house 10 minutes earlier than I thought. That means I get to sleep in 10 minutes!!

To help keep my mind off of not having my baby, I dropped by Nadya's for an hour. Then I left to get my hair cut. After that, I made a trip to the grocery store. That was probably the best thing I got out of this. A cart without a carseat makes for plenty of space for groceries!

I was happy to pick up Aiden a little after 11am and head home. I was EXHAUSTED. It is going to be so hard to go back to work. Not only because I will be missing precious time with my son, but also because of the lack of sleep. Up until this point, I have been getting 8 hours of sleep when you subtract the time I spend up with Aiden at night. But once work starts (tomorrow!) I will only be getting 6 hours of sleep, minus getting up with Aiden. And the kicker is that since I am breastfeeding, I have to limit my caffeine intake! I'm allowed up to two cups of coffee a day, but I have found that even if I drink the coffee immediately after nursing, it still seems to affect Aiden's sleep after the following feeding. So basically, I can't have caffeine. How am I suppose to survive this?!



SO! A couple benefits of not being pregnant that I realized recently: no more Charlie Horses every single time I stretch out my legs and less frequent trips to the restroom. I have actually found myself holding it longer than I should. I have to remind myself to go to the restroom now. LOL!

While I technically can sleep on my stomach now, I have not yet done so. I read that sleeping on your stomach while breastfeeding can diminish your milk supply. That is one thing I do not want to jepardize yet. It also feels weird. I laid on my stomach at Nadya's one day and it felt wrong. I'm not sure if that's because it's been so long since I've had that sensation or if it's because I still have belly pudge that pushes in when I lay on my stomach. Either way, I'm going to wait for now.



Aiden is a pro at holding his head up now. When I hold him upright on my shoulder, he can hold his head up all on his own, no problem. When he's on the floor for tummy time, he can hold his head up for a minute or so before it starts to fall. I love it!

He started a new thing yesterday that has me freaked. He has started moving around his crib while he sleeps. Yesterday during a nap, he managed to somehow flip himself over onto his stomach. That was scary because he was swaddled and couldn't lift his head up. I knew something was wrong when his cries were muffled in the baby monitor. Then, during the night, he managed to work himself out of his swaddle all except for what was around his neck. Every time he lifted his arms, it tightened the blanket around his neck. To top it all off, he was all the way in the bottom left corner of his co-sleeper. That worries me because the co-sleeper has a short side. I don't think there is any way for him to wiggle himself over the side in his sleep, but it's something I have to keep an eye on.



Guess what? Shannon stopped by this past weekend! She got to meet Aiden finally. Hooray!

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

maybe you should try a sleep sack or some pajamas with feet in them instead of swaddling! Might be one less thing to worr about. as for the moving around...he should be okay, except for flipping over on his belly. have you thought about those little guards..some people use them for when the baby sleeps in the bed with them...it keeps the baby in one spot...just a thought.

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh - can you believe he WAS IN a sleep positioner when he rolled over onto his stomach?! We had him in that on his side and someone he rolled completely over. Now I'm freaked about putting him on his side. I might look into a sleep sack...

Powered By Blogger