Saturday, August 29, 2009

Olympic Grill

Travis and I went out to dinner with Ariel last week. We chose a Greek place so I could have a few of the things I wasn't allowed when I was pregnant. Sad thing is I didn't get one out of the two things I wanted. Feta. That's okay - next time - I got my wine!



Auntie Ariel decided she wants to learn what it takes to care for her nephew. Step one? Feeding.


I am pretty sure I will never have my old body again, but it sure would be nice to get some semblence of it back. UGH.



And here's Travis SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF MOMMY.


Dinner was delicious. I left with a very full tummy. Aiden did pretty good the whole time, but I could tell he was a little uncomfortable in the heat. Funny thing is he seems to fall asleep easier in the heat than in the AC.

We sat on the water for dinner, the harbor side of the island. It always amazes me how big the oil platforms are. There was one "in the shop" right across the water from the restaurant that was a MONSTER. When I say it was in the shop, there is a oil rig repair warehouse on Pelican Island. I always see workers welding crap over there.

Another amazing thing to see is when the cruise ships whip a U-turn in the tiny Galveston harbor. That driver better get a nice check. The training required to do that maneuver has got to be intense. I can't image cruise ships come equipped with a rear view mirror.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger