Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Alex is going to the U of I!!!

I am so proud of this kid, I can't stand it! My brother Alex got accepted into the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, several months ago and has spent his time since then trying to figure out how to pay for it. He applied for and was awarded the Illinois General Assembly Legislative Scholarship which covers his first year of tuition. The Illinois State Senator Mike Frerichs called Alex personally to tell him he had won that scholarship. He also applied for and has received three grants and two federal loans to cover the remainding fees. That means his first year is PAID FOR!!! Seriously, Alex never ceases to amaze me.

He's looking into rushing at a fraternity, although he is not sure which one just yet. He has already started applying for frat "scholarships". I didn't even know those existed. Alex will have to live in a dorm his Freshman year - he will be rooming with a friend, the valedictorian, from high school. Considering Alex is the class salutatorian, I think they will have the dorkiest (yet coolest) dorm room in the building. ;D



Congratulations brother! I couldn't be prouder!!

PS - Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Me Too!!!! So proud of you Alex!!!!!

ps - happy birthday to you!

Powered By Blogger