Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Red, White and BLUE

Independence Day had a lot of blue in it for Travis and I. Blue skies, blue water (not Caribbean blue, but blue nonetheless), blue beer cans. Perfect! Until the next day, when I had the WORST hangover I have had in YEARS. I don't know what was wrong with me. I should have stopped. I should have drank water. I should have eaten dinner. Lots of 'should haves'.

We spent the morning taking some of Aiden's gifts out of the packaging, and the rest of the morning cleaning. I still have not finished what needs to be done. My dad is in town, Travis' mom is in town, we spent most of Sunday out on the water, oh and Travis probably has a herniated disk in his lower back. He was water skiing on Monday when he had a horrible pain that made him fall. He had to brace himself for a few minutes before he had the guts to force himself out of the water and into the boat. Then he spent the rest of the day with his upper body tilted to the left.

Travis went to the chiropractor Tuesday morning, first thing. They did an adjustment, massage and muscle stimulation. He was feeling a little better last night, but the doctor said if it's not better by Monday that he should make an appointment to have an MRI. Travis is riddled with guilt over not being able to work. I know how he feels, but it is different for him because he works for a small business where his absence is felt more than mine would be.

Anyhoo, back to before the back injury days...

Sunday we left Aiden with Brenda and met at Travis' friends' house at 2 pm to go out on the boat. The boys did a little wake boarding. I've only tried it a couple times, but have never been able to get up so I don't waste their time waiting for me to figure it out.


Jeremy, Travis' friend and co-worker AND the owner of this fancy boat...


It ended up being too choppy for them to be able to do much. We opted to head over to the Roger Creager Palapapoolza early. We stopped at the Galveston Boat Club to pick up a few more guys (yes, it was me and six guys, LOL!) on our way. We got there two hours before the show was supposed to start and it was already packed. We tied up to the other boats, to prevent drifting and the boats from bumping each other. It was like a boat parking lot - 3 rows deep and 20 boats wide. Then there were all the boats scattered out behind us.


We boat-hopped and sat in the water until right before Roger Creager was supposed to be on stage. At that point, we swam (with one hand out of the water holding our beers) between the boats to stand on the sand bar in front of the stage. It was awesome. Robert and a bunch of his friends showed up once we were standing up front. I had SO MUCH FUN. The water was packed with people. I drank way too much, but I'm pretty sure it was worth it.


After the show, we took the boat out to the center of the bayou to watch the fireworks. After that we headed back to the boat club to drop off some people and decided to go swim in the pool for a bit. By that point, it was getting pretty late, so we headed back to the dock. We didn't get in bed until 11:30 and I had to work the next day! BAD IDEA. Not only was I exhausted, but I was going through booze withdrawals. Worst morning ever.


I would love to do it again sometime, but I must make a mental note to drink some WATER. I've heard it's the key to avoiding dehydration...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger