Friday, July 23, 2010

Singing in the Rain

Yesterday Travis needed to run up to the Verizon store to ask about a couple things on his phone. I was in the back yard pushing Aiden on the swing as Travis was heading into the garage when it began to rain. I quickly pulled Aiden out of the swing and we ran in after Travis before the down pour began. Since it was raining so hard, and the cool breeze was nice, we decided to sit in the garage and watch the water works before Travis ran off.

Aiden got antsy sitting in the chair with me, so I set him down on the ground. He immediately walked into the water that was falling from the roof and we figured, why not? It was SO cute. He loved it!

Once the monsoon slowed down, I walked around the yard with him. Aiden had a few jumps in the driveway puddles. He was soaked. I was wet. It was awesome. By far the simplest fun we have had recently. Sometimes I think that's the best kind.


The yard was full of mosquitoes, so I spent most of the time swatting. And holding Aiden's hand so he could walk through our spongy yard. The grass down here is crazy thick. It always reminds me of walking on sponges. Which I suppose might be difficult if your legs are only a foot long each.

Yesterday morning, Aiden and I were dive bombed by some sort of creature as we were attempting to get in the garage. It was small, flappy and chirpy. I couldn't tell if it was a bat, a small bird or a cicada. No matter what it was, I ran in the opposite direction from it's erratic, noisy bluriness. Well, that evening, while Aiden and I were walking under a tree in the front yard, the same thing happened. This time, Travis was there to witness the attack. He confirmed it was indeed a cicada.

Flying things don't like me.

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

This is so sweet! Logan likes to play in the rain as well! Every once in a while I will spray him with the hose and let him just go crazy while I water my flower bed and pots...He loves it! And I love seeing him smile, so its a win, win!
By the way - I noticed Aiden has grown into some of the clothes I gave you! I will look at a picture and go, "Hey, thats familiar!" Haha! I am so glad they are being put to good use...and he is ADORABLE (not because of the clothes...he just is)

Nikki said...

We have received hand-me-down clothes from four separate people in the past and I can no longer recall who gave us what. Sometimes I put on Aiden's clothes and wonder "who used to where this?" LOL!

Powered By Blogger