Friday, July 16, 2010

Tidbits

Ariel quit her job at the bar she didn't like!! I guess she did that over two weeks ago, but since she doesn't communicate very well I just found out about it on Tuesday. =)



We met another Phillips family for dinner last night. David's brother Billy, his wife Jenn and their son Micah stopped at Joe's Crab Shack on their way home from the beach yesterday. Since they moved back to Houston, we have met up with them periodically to get hand-me-downs from Micah. Since neither of us were able to make it to the recent birthday parties of our kiddos, we decided to exchange gifts over dinner. Considering we both have boys who enjoy their ability to be mobile, we opted for a place we could eat outside that also had a playground. It worked out beautifully! Ironically, the boys got the same race cars for each other. Too funny...



Travis' back is doing much better. He has been at work all week without throwing it out again. It is still bothering him, but I'm just happy that he can stand up straight and is able to pick up our son again.



A couple quick photos...

Aiden's Peanut's pop-up comic book from Papa G, Auntie Ariel, Robert and Uncle Alex is amazing! We've decided it will be a book he only gets to look at when Daddy or I are present.


I think I finally figured out how to tone down the toy overload that was threatening to take over the house after his birthday. This is a "before photo". Aiden used to get lost in the toys. Whenever I popped my head in the living room to make sure he was okay, it took me a minimum of 30 seconds to figure out which colorful figure was my son. I wasn't comfortable with that, or the fact that Aiden would get overwhelmed and cry whenever I set him near the toy corner. Something had to be done. We now have baskets and chests spread out around the house, filled with toys. I'm trying to figure out some sort of organization involving a shelf to help with this...

Aiden's Crazy Colors Corner


No comments:

Powered By Blogger