Monday, October 31, 2011

I'll get around to it someday

I am SO behind on my photos.  I promise I will get to them.  But not today.  Today I plan to add to my to-do list with trick or treating photos.  I'm super stoked to see if Aiden appreciates trick or treating more this year.  Last year he grasped the concept of going up to the door and holding his bag open for candy.  Maybe we'll be able to get him to say "Trick or treat!" this year.  Maybe.

Getting Aiden to wear a Halloween costume has been an exasperating experience this year.  He absolutely refuses to wear any of his pirate accessories.  Instead he looks like a bum in sweatpants and a button-up that he's about to outgrow.  Travis calls him a businessbum.  We got him to wear some of the accessories at Landry's costume birthday party two weekends ago.  But I couldn't get him to wear ANY of it at the Texas Renaissance Festival on Saturday.  We're going for Plan B tonight.  He has worn his cowboy costume a couple times this year at daycare without too much of a fuss.  So we told him if he wants to see Blair and get candy tonight, he has to wear his Woody costume.  It's not exactly the same as Woody's outfit, but he calls it his Woody stuff.  So that's what we call it as well.

This morning Aiden wore a spider shirt to daycare.  I didn't feel like forcing him into a costume ALL DAY today, so I just went with a Halloween-ish outfit.  He is having a Halloween party at daycare, so I signed up to bring a fruit tray.  Since we are not allowed to bring homemade goodies, I just bought a bag of Smarties to hand out to the kids.  Aiden loves those and they're not too messy for the teachers and parents to have to deal with.  I'm a little bummed I couldn't make something to bring.  I keep meaning to ask them why store-bought-only.  Maybe to avoid allergens?  Or to prevent undercooked food?

I'm going to attempt to get out of work half an hour early today so I can get up to the Ramby's house at a decent time.  Alexa's making chili and trick or treating starts at dusk.  Travis is driving up separately since he doesn't get out of work until 6 and his work is between our house and the Ramby's house.  I need Aiden to be easy tonight.  I know that's asking too much, since he generally fights everything we ask him to do.  I can hope though, right?

This Sunday was a super lazy day and I adored it.  We slept in, then watched Harry Potter in bed when Aiden got up.  We ate a late lunch and played in the yard.  It warmed up quite a bit on Sunday, making it perfect for playing outside.  I haven't done bulk laundry in a month, so I spent a good portion of the day standing in the garage folding laundry.  The kicker is I'm still not done.  Aiden loves to play outside, so he didn't mind one bit.  I also grabbed the gardening shears and pruned back the oleanders that were threatening to take over the side of our house.  Aiden and I collected pecans that had fallen from the tree in our front yard.  I'm hoping to find time to make a pecan pie out of them this year.  It will take forever to husk all those pecans, but it would be fun to say I did it just once.

We ate lunch outside and then laid Aiden down for his nap.  I took advantage of the down time and napped at the same time.  I was super unhappy to wake up to my alarm two hours later.  We ate a quick snack and hopped in the car to go to Target.  We needed a few groceries and to get food for tonight at the Ramby's.  We did a walk through the Halloween costumes to see if Aiden would wear any of the $20-$30 outfits they sell.  He picked out Buzz Lightyear and a dinosaur costume but refused to try on either.  We didn't want to waste our money on something that Aiden most likely would not wear, so we decided on the cowboy costume we already had at home.

We bought food for dinner at Target, rented Megamind and went home to finish off our lazy day.  Megamind was super cute.  Will Ferrell does the voice of the main character and he killed it.  I keep finding myself saying, "Potato, potato, tomato, tomato."  Watch the following clip to see what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger