Thursday, January 26, 2012

24 Weeks with Mila

Travis and I have picked up a new hobby.  Puzzles!  I love it!  Problem is, it's a little addicting.  A couple friends have suggested Puzzlers Anonymous for treatment.  HA.  The puzzle I'm working on in this photo is only our third one.  The first one we did by ourselves (1000 pieces) over the course of several days.  The second one we did with Ariel and Robert in one night (1000 pieces).  This one is going to take forever.  It is basically a bunch of swirling colors.  Close to impossible if you ask me.  I don't know why we started it.  Because of course now that we've started it, we can't stop.  With two hours of help from Ariel and Robert we only got the outer edge and a few random pieces together.  It's definitely slow moving.



It's amazing to me how two pregnancies can be so different.  I am still surprised by my skin.  I still have acne, but no more than I had before I was pregnant.  With Aiden, it was worse than high school.  I don't think I lost a single hair out of my head during the last pregnancy.  This time I shed as much as I normally do.  Maybe not all of you are maternity experts.  Woman routinely get extremely thick hair and nails during pregnancy, partially due to the hormones, partially due to the vitamins.  I had that last time.  This time, notsomuch.

I do have a similar craving of cereal.  I feel like a kid in a candy story going down the cereal aisle at the grocery store.  I eat a bowl at bedtime almost every night.  Sometimes two bowls, depending on the type of cereal.  Funny thing is I am LOVING whole milk.  The thickness used to gross me out, but now skim milk just seems like water to me.  I've heard people say that before, but never got it.  Now I get it.

I had a day of nausea last week.  I got really freaked out, thinking it would mean the nausea was back.  I think I may have just overworked and underfed myself.  I haven't had a problem with it since.  I have been tired a lot lately, but that's probably related to my lack of sleep.  I get up frequently to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and I've started having a little trouble falling to sleep.  I used to be able to pass out the second my head hit the pillow.  Now that it's taking me longer than that, I have time to get worked up about it while I'm laying there.  It probably only takes me 20-30 minutes to actually fall asleep, mind you.  Nothing outrageous. 
There isn't much to tell at this point.  Mila is VERY active.  I know I've mentioned that before.  Aiden was active enough that I never worried about him, but this just seems hyperactive.  I hope it's not a sign of what's to come.

I have my glucose test in four weeks.  That's the one where you have to fast the night and morning before you go in.  I'm so not looking forward to that one.  I didn't faint last time, but I'm making Travis take me nonetheless.  I don't want to risk fainting at the wheel on my ride to the doctor's office.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger