Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Christmas that never ended

I had all last week off, along with yesterday.  I had a lot of time with Aiden since I only brought him to daycare one day last week.  It was a nice day.  I dropped Aiden off and then headed to Ariel's where Alex had stayed the night.  We dropped Ariel off at work and then headed out for lunch.  He wanted Vietnamese food since we've got a few good Pho places on the island.  We went to one I hadn't been too before, so it was an experience for me as well.  He was a gentlemen and bought my lunch!  Unexpected, but appreciated. 

After lunch we went for a walk on the beach.  Alex really wanted to make it to the ocean before he left for Illinois again.  When we couldn't bear the wind anymore, we headed up to Ariel's bar.  She took a break and walked the Strand.  We got coffee, walked over to the harbor for a bit and went in a few stores.  We picked out our dad's Christmas gifts together.  We got him some Texas gear since he wasn't able to make it here for the holidays this year.  I really missed having him around, but hopefully that means it will be easier for him to visit in May when Mila is due.

Aiden got some Christmas cards in the mail that included money (thank you Grandpa Curt, Grandma Brenda and Great Grandparents Richard and Jan!!), so we decided to put it all together to get an outdoor playset for Aiden.  It's good up to 6 years old, so we have many years ahead of us with that toy (assuming it holds up).  Little Tikes is good about putting a pamphlet inside all their toys to advertise other stuff they make.  Sells me everytime.  Now I want to get him the water play pirate ship this summer.  Perhaps as a birthday present?

We went outside to show Aiden his new gift for the first time New Year's day.  Travis attempted to get our Christmas present to ourselves working, but it was too windy.  I look forward to a few evenings sitting at that fire with a beer.  Of course, that won't happen until this summer, but the time is near!


I think Aiden likes his new very own playground.  It's pirate themed - Aiden's favorite!


I got a little nervous a few times because MAN that kid is ballsy. 


Aiden just would not go down that slide on his own, so Travis got on to show him how it's done.  Aiden thought it was a hoot racing Travis around to the steps over and over.  It will be GREAT whenever he has buddies over to play with him. 



1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

Awesome outdoor play. I bet he will get some really good use out of it for the next several months, especially since it hasn't been super cold, maybe this means the summer won't be excrutiating this year!

I love the picture of Travis going down the slide...cracks me up!

Powered By Blogger