Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bad Neighborhood?

I seriously think I heard gunshots last night. I woke up to the sound of screaching tires around 1:30AM. It was constant screaching, like when people do that drifting crap, or maybe it was one long donut. It sounded like it was just down the street from our house. It freaked me out to the point that I couldn't go back to sleep because I was afraid they might come down our way and run into our house, killing us in our sleep. I know, paranoid, right?

I was drifting back to sleep about 10 minutes after the screaching tires stopped, when *POP* *POP* *POP* *POP*! It sounded like gunshots! Again, it freaked me out, but I didn't want to wake up Travis. I got up and looked out the window expecting to see some guy running through our yard with a helicopter spotlight on him. When that didn't happen, I got back in bed.

Then, not 20 seconds after the shots, a squad car and ambulance shoot off down our street with lights on and sirens blaring. There was another loud *POP* and I got worried enough at this point to wake Travis. He jumped out of bed in time to see the cop car drive by. We could hear more sirens in the distance. I was debating calling the cops, but then decided it sounded like they had everything under control.

I tried searching the web for anything that might confirm my belief that a gun was shot off just blocks from my house, but I couldn't find anything. It could be because it's too early, so I'll keep checking...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

ummm...yikes!

Sara's Satire said...

I am pretty sure it was gun shots...in fact I was laying in bed when it happened and JR was in the living room...my first thought was that it was his video game, but then I realized it was coming from outside....I layed there for a while and when I got up, JR says, hey I just heard gunshots!

Powered By Blogger