Friday, October 24, 2008

Lots 'O' Meat

Wednesday night we went out with Ariel and Robert to celebrate the actual day of her birth. She wanted to go some place new and somewhere we could dress up for. We came up with this place closer to Houston that has a huge salad bar and serves 20 different kinds of meat. Ariel and I stuck with the salad bar (which also had ribs, fish and more) while the boys opted for MEAT. I've never seen so much in my life!

Various servers walk around with skewers of rotisserie cooked meat and they give every table this little peg. One side is green and one side is red. As long as you continue wanting to be served, you leave the green side up and the guys with skewers come by your table and slice you off a piece. They had everything from shrimp to steak to pork to duck to frog to alligator. I tried a piece of the alligator, but didn't have to guts to even WATCH them eat the frog legs. Ew. Travis said it tasted like lake water. WHY would I want to try that?!


There was this cute old man playing the piano all night and when it came time for the server to bring out Ariel's birthday cake, the pianist played the traditional tune of Happy Birthday. So funny! I think my sister had a great evening and loved her gifts from us, our dad and our brother. The main present was a camera, so I told her I expect to see lots of photos of everything she does.


Her computer monitor was in storage during the hurricane and it was ruined in the ensuing flooding. The rest of the computer is fine, so as soon as she gets a new monitor she should be able to get everything online!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger