Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm Baaaacckk!!

I know I've been posting a little more frequently lately, but looks like I'm back into full action. Travis finally made it to Best Buy to do some complaining in regards to the "warranty" we bought for our laptop. Thankfully, Chris R. went along to help push things in the right direction. $350 later, we have a new computer (with a bigger screen) with all our photos and music from the old computer backed up on it. Although it was pricey, I much prefer it over the original price of $600 that we thought we would have to pay for repairs. Hooray!!

I am going to go back about 23 days to put up a few more photos from the day after the hurricane (now that the photos were recovered from the smashed laptop). It continued to drizzle for the better half of the day. I think it finally stopped raining in the afternoon, but it was impossible to stay dry if you went outside because of all the flooding and the continued drip of rain water from the trees.

Before I was dressed and ready to go out and about, Travis and JR went out into the street to see how bad things looked. This is the view from Jacen's front porch.


My Nissan and Travis' Dodge Ram made it through the storm without a scratch. We did both have a lot of leaf debris stuck to the vehicles.

We went for a walk in Jacen's neighborhood and saw some crazy stuff. When this woman's tree blew over, it took the whole sod and dirt layer in that corner of her lawn.


Me and the giant pine tree that fell in the road in front of Jacen's house.


Travis and JR went over to a neighbor's house to help cut out as much of a tree as possible that had fallen into their driveway. Here is the before photo.


This is as close as I got to the after photo.


I have added even more photos to the Ike album at Flickr if you are interested in seeing more (they are in the middle of the whole album).

No comments:

Powered By Blogger