Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Good and The Bad

First, the good. My chiropractor called me yesterday!!! Woohoo! I was a week overdue when I was supposed to have my appointment on September 12th - the day before the hurricane hit. We are now going on four weeks since that missed appointment. MY HEAD IS KILLING ME! It was bad off and on starting the week after the storm. Now it is almost a constant pain. First my neck hurts. Then I stretch, twist and turn my neck without realizing it until I have a full blown headache. And that will only go away with sleep (before starting the process all over again the next afternoon). Tylenol helps, but doesn't totally get rid of it.

Hence, the three exclamation points after the good news. I drove by the clinic a couple weeks ago and it doesn't look good. They are gutting it right now. I looked up chiropractors that I could go see, but I've been postponing it because the idea of starting all over again kills me. I would have to go to a new doctor that I don't know if I can trust. Then he'll probably take x-rays and I'll have to explain everything all over again. I like my chiropractor. I know that what he does works and I don't want to switch. Thankfully, he's available three days a week at another clinic in a nearby town until the one in Galveston is back up and running (hopefully in December). I made an appointment for next Thursday. It does seem far away, but I've gone five weeks already. What's another one?

Now, the bad. My Shannon and her husband Chris are moving to the Fort Worth area. =( =( =( Their business has all but crashed since the hurricane and they can no longer afford to stay. They have rented out their house and are looking for a house to rent in Fort Worth. Chris is from there, so they will know some people already. It just sucks. I went over to their house today to help paint in preparation for the new renters, but we ended up just taping off the trim and packing some boxes. Mostly, it was a chance to catch up on everything that has happened in our lives lately.

I am always surprised at how much crap that happens to Chris and Shannon. It never stops and they are good people that don't deserve that. Shannon started off the morning by explaining to me how when she got in last night her house was filled with diarrhea because their Rottweiler had gotten into the trash. Then there was no toilet paper when she needed to pee after her three hour road trip. The list of catastrophes goes on. I just hope that they find something good in this move. They definitely could use some positive in their lives. I will miss them. I foresee weekend trips in our future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well maybe some good news you can pass along to Chris and Shannon.... Weatherford is an area we might be moving to, if Houston is a no and it is 30 miles from Fort Worth...

Stephie

Alexa said...

I will miss our Shannon and Chris!!! I don't want them to go!

Powered By Blogger