Friday, October 17, 2008

Extended "Vacation"

Looks like I get next week off from work! Yea! We are still limited on what we can do since everything is not up and running yet. And since I am still getting "Adverse Weather Leave", my boss said to take next week off. I came into work Tuesday and have been in everyday to clean up the lab. There is a layer of black film on everything, so I've been wearing a mask, gown and gloves. Who knows what Ike brought to Galveston?!

When I get back the week after next I have to inventory our fridge. We are not sure if all the reagents are safe to use, so we will test them. Thing is, we know the back up generators were out, but we don't know for exactly how long. If the temperature warmed up too much in the fridge, then the reagents won't work properly. If that is the case, then I will have the inventory done and we will be able to reorder everything quickly and efficiently.

Random aside: My new dentist office is next to a Ben and Jerry's ice cream parlor. I really like this dentist and the hygenists, but the urge to go check out the flavor "Coffee Coffee BuzzBuzzBuzz" after my appointment was almost too much to avoid.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is my favorite flavor at Ben and Jerry's. Its even better than Starbucks Java Chip ice cream. Mmmmm...I think I have to go to Ben and Jerry's later.

Powered By Blogger