Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Boys and Their Toys

Travis and I splurged on Sunday with all the Labor Day sales. First we headed to Babies R Us to use the coupon they sent us to purchase any remaining items on our registry. Turns out, they gave us a discount on everything we bought - even the stuff that wasn't on the registry! I was a little irritated that I forgot about a gift card I still have from the family up north. That's okay - just means I get to go back soon!

We got a bunch of stuff for Aiden, but mostly things he won't be able to use until he gets a little older. Like a shopping cart/high chair cover (can't use to he can sit up on his own) and a few eating utensils (can't use until he starts eating real food). Gives me something to look forward to I guess. The coupon expired Monday, so I wanted to get the best use out of it. The one thing we bought that we can use right now is a GIGANTIC bath toy holder. When I registered for it online I had no idea of it's gargantuan size. But it's really cute! Check it out here.

Travis and I have a running "joke" that we are disappointed with Aiden because he has was born a Texan. It's not his fault at all. But check him out, supporting his birth state!

"Howdy y'all!"

After Babies R Us, we headed over to Best Buy to make the mother of all purchases. Travis has been poking around for months trying to feel me out about buying a flat screen TV. I've shoved him off repeatedly because I wanted to make sure we could stay afloat with our new addition to the family first. When he kept bugging me about it, I finally told him that he should save up some money and we would buy it at Christmas. Well, the Labor Day sale ads came Sunday morning and that all went out the window.

I pulled out the Best Buy ad and realized that there was no way we could pass up these sale opportunities. We found one for 40% OFF. HOLY COW. We still do not have the HD satellite set up, but I don't think Travis is ever leaving the house again. Why go to the movies when you practically have a movie screen in your living room? WITH SURROUND SOUND.

Travis was like a kid in a candy store. I know it's hard to see the expression on his face, but I swear he stood in the TV section with his eyes glossed over for 30 minutes before coming back to me.


(Aiden was worn out from all the shopping.) It does seem pretty surreal though. We have so much more space in our living room after downsizing from a regular TV. Which means more room for Aiden's toys!! We used to have to walk through our living room like we were stepping over land mines because of all the play mats and the swing. Not anymore!

Travis spent several hours last night "hard wiring" our surround sound so you don't see the wires running along the ceiling. I guess that's one of the perks of marrying an electrician. He didn't think twice about climbing into our tiny attic for the sake of aesthetics.

To celebrate our purchase we are having Ariel and Robert over for a pizza and movie night. I can't wait to test it all out!

I'm telling you though, it will be years before I get all the buttons on the remote figured out. I thought Travis was going to start crying last night when he couldn't figure out how to configure the stereo equalizer. He came to me complaining and I told him he came to the wrong person! All I can do is read the same manual he is. Ugh. Guess he'll be calling the help line again tonight. But if I had to "complain" about anything, I sure am happy its this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA!!!
John and I joke all the time about how disappointed we are about having a [Lord-help-me] Texas-born child!!!

Powered By Blogger