Monday, September 28, 2009

The Week with Grammy

This past week was great! Travis' mom Brenda came to town from Illinois and watched Aiden all week (Step-dad Rich got in Wednesday to help in all the baby fun). He got lots of quality Grammy time in and I love it. The best part is I got daily updates on what the two of them were doing. Plus, Brenda took some photos and video that I got to see later. Who would have thought that I would be so excited about the same thing every night: Aiden.

Ironically, a couple days after Brenda got here, Travis' dad Curt was in Houston on a delivery, so we met him for dinner. That was the first time Aiden got to meet his Grandpa Curt!


Curt surprised us with a shaved head and a crazy long beard. If I didn't recognize his walk, I would have wondered who was approaching our truck when we met him at the gas station. LOL! We drove down the street to a little local Mexican restaurant. That was a late night. I think I got to bed a little after midnight and had to be up for work at 5am. Phew, that was rough!


The guys



We went out to dinner at one of those Brazilian meat restaurants where they bring skewered meat to your table every five minutes to slice you off a piece. It ran into Aiden's bed time so I tried unsuccessfully to get him to sleep in the car. This kid is weird. He WILL NOT fall asleep in the car. Occasionally he'll take a short cat nap, but that's all we get.



Family time on the couch.



He's definitely a loved child.


We miss you already Brenda and Rich!! Aiden is loving his new toys!

1 comment:

Alexa said...

I am so bummed we missed seeing them again! Glad you had a good week, hopefully we can catch up soon so I can get some baby Aiden squeezing time in!

Powered By Blogger