Saturday, September 19, 2009

Potted Pumpkin

Ariel bought me one of those little plant packs from the Dollar Spot at Target. Since it had simple instructions (just add water), I decided to go ahead and give it a try, despite my very-not-green-thumb. After three days, the pumpkin seedlings were six inches tall! The instructions said to move the plants into the ground once they reached three inches tall. Oops!

They didn't seem to mind though. I was worried about planting anything in the backyard where Callaway would be able to get at them, so I ended up putting them in a pot. Without the support of the bag they were originally grown in, the plants fell onto their side and have turned into more of a vine-like growth. I wonder if I'll have pumpkins by Halloween?


PS - Does anyone watch Weeds? Holy crap I couldn't believe the season finale!! Shane is DARK...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nikki, This is Rachel's mom. I just so you know, pumpkins vine. We plant pumpkins every year in the garden (i am too cheap to buy them every fall) and they take over the world. Be thankful you did not plant that in your yard. Our "jackie" finds a special pumpkin each season and adopts it. She licks it and loves it and protects it like it is her pup. She sits in the middle of the pumpkin patch to protect it. too funny.

Jill

Nikki said...

LOL! Dogs can be so funny!! No joke this plant takes over. I had no idea it would be so easy to grow pumpkins!! The plant has at least doubled in size since I took this picture last week.

Powered By Blogger