Monday, September 14, 2009

Fatigue

I'm a little bit sleepy today. Since Aiden started sleeping through the night (for the most part) Travis and I have started alternating who gets up with him in the middle of the night if he wakes up. Last night was my night. The worst is when he wakes up right before I have to get up anyway. Today he got up at 4am. I had to pop the pacifier back in his mouth and turn on the womb bear (see photo). He finally fell back asleep after 15 minutes. That gave me 45 minutes to snooze until my alarm went off. ARG.

Last weekend, we kind of wimped out on moving Aiden to his nursery. He kept waking up in the middle of the night and since it was so soon after he had started sleeping through the night, I thought it might be one too many transitions for him all at once. So all last week, we went back to Aiden sleeping in the co-sleeper in our room. He slept like an angel all week.

Then comes this weekend when we decide to give it another try. Sadly, he keeps waking up between 2 and 4am. It's not full-on wide awake, it's a sleepy-cranky awake. Now I'm thinking that he's just having a bit of a hiccup getting used to sleeping in his own bedroom. He takes his naps in there during the day on the weekends just fine. Maybe he's not sure where he is when he wakes up a little in the middle of the night since it is dark? The shadows are different on the ceiling and he can't look over and see me sleeping next to him. Poor booger. =(

We are going to rough it out and hope that he transitions quickly. Mommy is tired. I'm still trying to keep the caffeine in my diet to a minimal. IT'S NOT FAIR.

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

I know its hard...DO whatever is right for you guys...my only advice, Just keep doing what your doing!!! You might as well tough it out now while he is still so little....if you wait to do it later, the crying will just get louder and longer!!! But again, do whats right for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I got your email... I will write back soon!
And ya know, we didn't move Matthew out of the pack-n-play in our room until he was 13 weeks... no harm, no foul :) You keep him with you for as long as you like!!!
You're doing great!!!

Powered By Blogger