Friday, June 25, 2010

Croupy Recovery

Aiden has been a sick baby for the past several days. We're pretty sure he has Croup. He had the barking cough for a couple days. Now he just sounds raspy. He hasn't been eating, drinking or sleeping well either, which is just making him even more cranky. As far as I can tell, he has never developed a fever though.

We have some friends from college (Chris and Tehina) who moved to LA when they got some great jobs. They have just recently moved back to Dallas. Chris' job involves monthly trips to Houston, which means we'll probably be seeing more of them now! Wednesday night, we decided to risk taking the cranky man in public so we could meet Chris and Tehina for dinner. Since they are staying up in Houston, we met "halfway" at the Kemah Boardwalk. They were craving seafood, so we hit up the Flying Dutchman.

I tried Mahi for the first time and thought it was delicious. I've come to the conclusion that I like white, flaky fish. Anything that deviates from this description is generally too fishy for me. How fun is that? I like fish! Ha. Anyhoo, Aiden sat in a high chair and ate his dinner. Then he played with his toys and books, but eventually he was too bored to stay seated. Travis and I took turns passing him back and forth to help keep him busy. Unfortunately, we knew he just needed to go home to bed. It was past his bed time anyhow.

We had just enough time to catch up with what our long lost Sea Aggie friends have been up to. I am mostly jealous of their time living in L.A. That is something I really would've liked to have done in my lifetime. I know there's still time for that, but there's not really the money for it. They both seemed to like living there, but were ready to come back when they got tired of all the uppity folks.

I was excited to hear that there are job opportunities for me at the place Tehina works. Maybe someday I'll take her up on the offer! For now I am happy where I am.

We tried to meet with Chris and Tehina last month, but since it was their first month coming down for this trip they decided to postpone. Now that they know what the visit entails, they have more freedom to move around. Hopefully we'll get to see them next month!




I realized about a week ago that Aiden's first birthday party is just around the corner. It is set for July 3rd and I realized that I had yet to write out a grocery list of everything we need for the party. I worked on that last night and I think I have everything. This weekend I need to go to Hobby Lobby to buy and create the remaining party items. That way I can focus on cleaning and decorating next week.

This Saturday is Aiden's friend Kate's birthday party. Rumor is there will be a moonwalk!! I cannot believe our babies are growing into little kids. Here they are at just two and a half months old:

No comments:

Powered By Blogger